In today’s competitive business environment, attracting and retaining top performers is the key to success. By outlining your company’s career levels and job families or career paths with Mercer’s Career Frameworks solution, you can architect compelling career paths for your employees that foster talent development, enhance retention efforts, and cost-effectively cultivate a workforce that improves business performance.
What Does a Career Framework Do For You?
Our Career Frameworks solution leverages our proprietary approach to leveling, defining and classifying jobs. By linking all critical HR processes — including workforce analytics, selection, performance management, succession management, rewards and career development — we unlock big data insights that offer unprecedented talent management control.
Mercer’s Global Talent Trends survey posits that more needs to be done to understand backgrounds, skillsets, and future aspirations if we are to unlock potential in the Human Age. Employees want versatile career experiences with meaningful growth and learning. They would benefit significantly from a career management tool that provides personalized access to career paths and learning opportunities.
While only 38% of HR Managers are concerned with supporting employees’ career growth:
- Employees want career movement, learning, and experimentation. If employees don’t get the career support they expect, they will look for it elsewhere: 39% report that they are satisfied in their current job but plan to leave due to a lack of career options.
- 75% of THRIVING employees say that they feel career-empowered
- Those employees who identified themselves as thriving were almost four times more likely to state that their employer helps them find the right opportunities.
- Individuals who feel empowered in their careers are 2.6 times more likely to report having access to career path information.
The world of work is evolving — and so are the expectations of your workforce. Find out how you can unlock their growth potential.
Optimize Your Talent
Our strategic, design-thinking approach is based on a thorough analysis of the labor market. Specifically, our solution provides the building blocks of your organization’s career framework, including:
- Identifying the right career philosophy and its associated levels, tracks, critical roles and job structure.
- Defining accountabilities and competencies throughout your organization.
- Mapping current jobs and employees to the career framework.
- Aligning infrastructure across performance, pay, succession, acquisition and development.
Facilitate Employee Growth and Retention
Our Career Frameworks solution offers employees a transparent view of their career opportunities, giving them the power to influence their own career progression. In addition, it will help assess whether your organization has a full pipeline of ready talent — and whether you’re able to direct the best talent to the most critical roles.
Engage Employees With Intuitive Communication Technology
To help employees better understand their career progression, we offer a series of intuitive communication products:
- An innovative approach to career pathing brings together our career framework methodology with Fuel50’s Career Pathing software.
- Belong portal, offers a more customized, interactive experience that can encompass career, health and wealth management.
- Our Click-and-Explore tool helps bring careers to life. Reach out to a Mercer consultant to learn more about this solution.
The Future Starts Now
Our Career Frameworks solution can help you make the most of your most valuable asset: your people.